My Visit to Kunsthaus Zurich Museum

       On one of my summer vacations, a few years ago, I set my sights on Zurich, Switzerland. Id heard that it was a small but cultural city. As we walked along this quaint but very beautiful city I came upon the museum Kunsthaus. This museum houses one of the most important art collections in Switzerland.  Even entering this place, I felt that we were about to see some fantastic pieces, and I wasn't disappointed. I found myself standing just inches away from the art of Rembrandt, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse and Edvard Munch, and so many more. It was when I walked up to Rembrandts, Self- Portrait, that I became emotional. I was standing so close, I felt him. I thought of how he would have been standing this close, painting this portrait and I became overwhelmed. Being an artist myself, that paints portraits also, I could feel the time and effort that it would have taken him all those years ago. I have never been this close to greatness. There were so many more world famous artists there. We enjoyed seeing the work of Swiss sculptor Alberto Giacometti, and the paintings of Monet, Chagall, and Van Gogh, just to name a few.
      Whenever I visit a gallery or museum and come across work that I am passionate about, I begin to feel like my child self, finding that dollar under my pillow, put there by the tooth fairy. I feel so blessed to have these opportunities.  I so enjoyed Zurich, visiting this gallery and also the Landesmuseum, Gallery. I would recommend a visit to Zurich, it will be a trip you will not soon forget!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAINTING IN FRANCE

Michael Cheval

My Friend,My Mentor,My Angel