PAINTING IN FRANCE

Painting with Mike Snow

    Last September I had the great fortune to travel to Saussignac, France for my first painting retreat. I chose this retreat so as to have a loose, fun, art experience. So I said to myself, Self, why not travel to some fantastic town in the south of France to do it? Im sure I talked myself in and out of it so many times that I wasn't even sure whether I sent in the paperwork to secure my spot. But in fact I did, and now I had to go! So I put on my big girl panties and set my travel plans in motion. I could not tell you how fantastic this whole experience was!
  We made our way to Paris, which itself is fantastic, then caught the high speed train to Bordeaux, also not a shabby place, where we then transferred to a local train that would bring us about an hour into the countryside to the town of Sainte Foi Le Grande. Oh, and did I mention that I didn't listen to my husband and packed way too much, forgetting that Id have to shlep it around myself. Somehow I made it to my final destination. This is where we met up with other artists here for the same art journey.
   A van wisked us away to our retreat. Oh, did I mention that we would be having this retreat in a Chateau? An amazing, renovated, incredible, biggest chateau Ive ever seen, other than in pictures. Are you kidding me??? Im staying here, to paint, eat and sleep??? WHAT?  Well we did, and I did and the rest is one of the most incredible experiences of my life.
   Im telling you a small bit of this wonderful story, so I could say to you, Step out of your comfort zone sometimes and you just might have one of the best experiences of YOUR life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog